CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving all week long!



This year both of my parents are working on Thanksgiving day. But I still wanted to make a turkey and all the trimmings. We are planning to leave Friday morning spend the weekend in Vegas. So I was worried about cooking so much food the day before and leaving all of the leftovers at home for 3 days, so.... I decided to cook our Thanksgiving meal yesterday so we can enjoy the food all week long, and not have to worry about leftovers during our trip--- and spare us from cooking dinner for the next 3 days.(Yes, I am aware of how smart I am! ;-) I don't want to be boastful, but I'm quite proud of myself for getting all the cooking done by myself. Check out the turkey! Thanks to Joanna's recipe, my turkey is always juicy and moist! I love it!
There as a picture of Aaron posing by the food. He is sad because I was not done with the pies yet. (Just kidding, he just woke up from a nap.)
This is probably the first time my parents have had a complete Thanksgiving meal. When I was growing up, our Thanksgiving meal consisted of a turkey, white rice, pancit (noodles), lumpia, and other Filipino dishes brought by relatives. It was pretty exciting to share with them some traditional American dishes.

2 comments:

barnettblend said...

Yum - I am VERY impressed with your cooking abilities - even I have not attempted to make a turkey yet. My mom always does that part - although I am going to make the pumpkin pies this year. :)

Brent, Cathy, and Aaron said...

I bet you guys have so much fun on Thanksgivings! I can just imagine all of you with all those kids. Do you have much leftovers? ;-)