Here is Aaron on this second day of school. I wasn't planning to take pictures, but he actually wanted me to take a picture of him with his beloved backpack. What a nut! ;-)
Ok, so originally I had him signed up to take the bus to and from school. (I was under the impression that the bus only picked up preschool kids.) When I found out the the bus was for the whole school, I somewhat freaked out thinking poor little Aaron will get lost in the midst of all the older kids. Anyway, to get him prepared for the bus, all summer long I have been telling him that he will ride the yellow bus to school. But I never thought that it was something he would look forward to. Anyway, on the first day of school, when I was picking him up, he ran to me and said he was going to ride the bus (home). In addition, his teacher told me that Aaron was talking about the bus all day long. Much to my surprise, he was very sad that he did not get on the bus. So, that day I decided to allow him to ride the bus home but still take him to school in the mornings. (The ride home has about 4 kids and they are all in the same class-- plus the driver was nice.) So on the second day, Aaron got the ride the bus home! (with me driving behind it.) Don't worry, today, he got to ride without his crazy-paranoid mom following him.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Second Day and the School Bus
Posted by Brent, Cathy, and Aaron at 6:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I know it's so hard to let go and give them their independence. Just so you know, it doesn't get an easier as they get older. Good to see that he is enjoying going to school. God Bless you guys!
Taanasa
hi cathy... i didn't get those pictures, yet.
is the bus stop in walking distance from your house, cathy?
Don't feel crazy.. I would've drove behind them every day probably.. I am a little more paranoid than you I think.. :)
Well the good thing is that the buses here drive the kids home, not at bus stops. It's awesome, I just wait for him outside my house.
BTW: Tanaasha, it's good to hear for you!
Cathy! I just love this story! It totally sounds like something I would do to myself (get Joel all excited about something and then change my mind...) and then Mike would laugh at me for it for years to come. Part of mommying, I suppose. I found your blog through Chevon's site, although we haven't talked in ages. Glad things are going well and I'm excited about the new baby boy!
God bless,
Mandy
Post a Comment