Ok, so today we started some schooling. My plan was to teach Aaron one letter today (A) and some activities related to that letter. I got his workbook out but Aaron had other ideas. He was noticing everything on the page except the letter "A". He is so stubborn. He does not want me to teach him, but he wants to decide on what we go over. So somehow, (I forgot how) we got to a worksheet on colors, specifically blue. So, today we got some learning... he went over a few colors, focused on blue... and a little bit on the letter "A". He knows a few letters, some colors & shapes, and the numbers 1-10. But mainly I am trying to get him used to me teaching him stuff in more of a pre-school setting. I am also wanting to help him improve on his vocabulary and sentence structure. (he's a bit behind in his speech.) I was getting frustrated today, but I have to remember that Aaron is not used to any type of structure. That is something that we need to work on to get him ready for preschool. I am also realizing that I should have started this a while ago. Well, we have 8 months until he starts pre-school. It's going to be a long way to the finish line....
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
you have plenty of time if you're strict about keeping a schedule from now on. but you also may want to (if you aren't already doing so) read to him 15 minutes a day. this will help in developing vocabulary, but point to the words as you read to him. also, i'm sure you know this, rhyming books are great for aaron's age.
i feel your frustration, but just continue to pray -- i'll be praying for you, too!
He does love it when I read to him, we just forget to do it sometimes. I know it helps, I just need to discipline my self... ;-)
Hang in there - it'll get easier every day... Just don't stress over it - have fun and stick to a routine so he knows what to expect. It sounds like you did a great job for the first day. :)
Post a Comment