CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby!



Ok so I'm about 27 weeks, and time is going fast. One benefit about having a husband deployed is we get a little bit of extra money each month...(it's called Family Separation pay)... so now I'm trying to buy ONE thing for the baby each paycheck so that we are not overwhelmed with having to buy everything all at once. I saved a lot of Aaron's baby stuff, but we also got rid of a lot too (due to lack of space)... most of the things I need are big things... so buying them one at a time is a good plan..
This month, I actually bought 2 things, but oh well. :-) I got myself a baby bag from Vera Bradley... I have a friend that had the same bag and I loved it! It was cute and it was sooo comfy to hang on the shoulder... I am such an over-packer, all the bags I had with Aaron hurt my back or shoulder... plus they always ripped inside cause I had bottles and other things that I would jam in them... also I looked and looked at all the bags out there, and they all seemed too bulky and clunky... Anyway, this bag is pricey but well made... I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail!
The second thing I bought was a swing... I was at Babies R Us, armed with a coupon that I was saving until I had enough money to buy one big thing, and I decided to buy a swing.... it's something that a newborn can use right away, and the other things of my list I wanted to wait on in case other patterns become available. I finally found one that I liked, but it was $150! I had a coupon for $20 off, so I thought.. fine... whatever... but on the way out I saw a swing on sale for $79! It was regularly $139, then it went down to like $99, then $79... I figured I would go for it and look it up later to see if it had any bad reviews and compare it to the one that was $150... so I bought it and went home... I looked it up at Babies R Us website and it had better reviews than the expensive one! So I put it together and I love it! What a deal!
I just hope Aaron doesn't break it before the baby arrives!
(Now I'm on a mission to find the perfect crib!)






2 comments:

Shalyn said...

Cute Bag! My diaper bad doesn't fit much, I wish I would've investigated better like you did! 27 weeks, Baby Boy #2 will be here before you know it! Will Brent be home for the delivery? Have you guys decided on a name yet?

ourjoyfulljourney said...

Congrats on the baby Cathy! ;)