CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Brent's" Birthday Cake





On Brent's birthday, Aaron and I went to Carvel's and bought a cake. I made the mistake of letting Aaron pick out the birthday cake. He picked out a blue race car ice cream cake. Because he picked it out, he was confused and thought that it was his birthday, not his dad. (The fact that I have been planning his upcoming birthday party lately added to this...) So when we were singing happy birthday to Brent, Aaron kept correcting us, saying, "No...not happy birthday dear daddy! Happy birthday Aaron!" We sang about 3- times with no success of finishing a song for Brent, so Brent just let Aaron think it's his birthday. I felt bad cause I Brent got cheated out of the birthday cake and song... plus the race car would probably not be Brent's first choice of cake. ;-)

3 comments:

Shalyn said...

Ahhh that's so cute that Brent just let Aaron believe it was his B-Day and you let him pick out the cake! What a wonderful Mom & Dad Aaron has, Lucky Boy!!!

Brent, Cathy, and Aaron said...

No, Aaron is just used to getting what he wants... ;-) Hopefully having a sibling will teach him otherwise.

ms. kate said...

lol. :oP